Tuesday, January 31, 2012

It's 4am

and I should be preparing for class (in about 4 hours). But I just finished cooking lunch for Pablo and Yaya and work is the furthest thing from my mind.

So this is what I did:
Pablo at 2 months

I'm not done yet, but I don't think I'll be able to truly finish it. In my head are mini-projects bouncing around with half-baked posts that I haven't found the time to write. But when I opened my computer one of these photos was my wallpaper (the images change every so often) and I couldn't help but fall in love with our little boy all over again. Hmmm...must adjust the contrast, it's way too dark.

I'm loving the New Year. Although Christmas was happy, I enjoyed the New Year a lot more. I promised myself that I would treat myself better this 2012. Little things like spending a few extra minutes in the shower instead of dashing in and out, taking the time to use a moisturizer (my poor neglected skin!) getting a massage/pedicure more often, joining after school activities that I've long wanted to do. Pablo and I still have our tuko-moments and I was worried he would react negatively to my baby steps to independence. But I look at these photos and realize how much we've grown together; sometimes he'll touch my face with the same sense of wonderment and peace that's on these photos, and that tells me that we'll be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment