Sunday, November 13, 2011

Mama Moments

As a new mama, sometimes I wonder if we're doing right as parents...

Late this afternoon, I was feeling a little drained from the drive back and (what seemed like) several hours of nursing. I had also just finished reorganizing his toys and packing away our clothes. While I was cleaning, Pablo would pop out of the den to check on the open cabinets/bins or ask me to play (Eric and Duchess were both asleep so I was the only available playmate). What could have been done in 30 mins took hours longer especially since he kept following me around and making a mess.

When I finally finished, I leaned by the doorway of the room and Pablo came out to sit by the hallway. I was quietly watching him fiddle with the beanbags that he had pushed out of the den, when he looked up at me and said,

"Mama, what's wrong?"

Caught off guard, I simply smiled so he asked again, "Mama, what's wrong?"

"Nothing bubba. But thank you for asking."

No comments:

Post a Comment